The PietraPave installation process makes the laying of even the most large and complex natural stone projects as quick and simple as possible.
There are a number of essential steps to follow to ensure every project is completed to the highest standard.
These steps vary slightly depending on application
1. Excavate the ground to the correct depth, allowing for falls, minimum 100mm Type 1 sub base, allowing 30mm zone 2 grit sand and 30mm for the thickness of the paving
2. Compact the sub base fully with a vibrating plate, making sure that there are no voids left in the surface
3. After compaction, screed out the grit sand to a consistent depth of 25-30mm
4. Before laying commences, ensure all edge restraints are installed and haunched with concrete
5. Commence laying of paving mats in your preferred pattern, whilst maintaining a consistent joint width throughout
6. Using a vibrating plate with a rubber mate, compact the paving into the bedding layer to achieve finished levels
7. Fill in the paving joints with Nexus V75-WT, as described on the joint filling data sheet
Preparation, installation and joint filling as above, except Type 1 sub base must have a minimum thickness of 150mm and be compacted in layers to give the maximum level of compaction.
Our domestic driveways can support vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes.
Preparation and joint filling as above, except Type 1 sub base must have a minimum thickness of 250mm. The paving bedding layer should be made up of a semi-dry, but workable, zone 1 sand and O.P.C screed 3.1 ratio and, after compaction, laid to a thickness of 15-25mm.
Before the paving is laid, a cement-based slurry should be applied to the back of the paving.
Using a vibrating plate with a rubber mat, compact the paving into the bedding layer to achieve finished levels. Fill in the paving joints with Nexus V-400 as described on the joint filling data sheet.Contact us
- Alistair Baines, Cassidy Ashton Architect
- Paul Kenworthy, Gardenscene
- Jason Gooch, Bedrock Landscapes